Are you looking for the perfect keto Christmas cookies that are low carb and perfect for the holiday season? These low carb nut free keto gingerbread cookies will hit the spot!
- 1 ¾ cup (192g) ground sunflower seed meal
- ½ cup (96g) classic monk fruit sweetener
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp xanthan gum
- ¼ tsp ground allspice
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- 3 eggs, divided
- 1 tbsp (16g) No-Sugar-Added SunButter, softened
- 1 tbsp (15mL) heavy whipping cream
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together ground sunflower seed meal, monk fruit sweetener, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cream of tartar, baking soda, xanthan gum, allspice, cloves, salt, and pepper. Add 2 eggs, SunButter, and heavy cream and mix with an electric mixer until well-combined. Cover bowl with foil or plastic wrap, transfer to refrigerator, and chill for 2 hours.
- After dough has chilled, preheat oven to 325 degrees and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spray two pieces of parchment paper with nonstick cooking spray. Lay one piece down, spray side up, placing chilled dough in center. Lay the other piece down, spray side down so it touches the dough, and lightly press down. Using a rolling pin, roll dough until it is an even layer, being careful to not roll dough too thin. Using cookie cutters, cut dough into desired cookie shape. Transfer cut cookies to prepared baking sheet.
- Whisk remaining egg in a small bowl. Using a pastry brush, brush cookies with egg wash. Bake cookies until cooked throughout, about 20 minutes, depending on thickness of cookies.
If Dough Becomes Too Soft While Using Cookie Cutters: Transfer rolled dough from parchment paper back to mixing bowl and return bowl back to refrigerator to chill again.
Storage: After baking, store these cookies in an airtight container on your countertop for up to 4 days, or store them in the refrigerator to extend their shelf-life to one week.
Keywords: keto gingerbread cookies, nut free keto holiday cookies, keto christmas cookies