Keto Chili Con Carne is a tasty and comforting dish that’s perfect for enjoying while you’re cozying up alongside friends and family. Made with delicious, flavorful ingredients, this low-carb, keto, dairy-free, nut-free, and refined sugar-free meal is one of my favorites. It takes just 1 hour to make this one-pot keto dish.
- 1 tbsp (15mL) olive oi
- ½ small yellow onion (~35g), chopped
- 18 oz ground beef
- ⅓ cup (~50g) chopped red bell pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- ¼ tsp chipotle chili powder, or to taste
- 1 cup (260g) canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 tbsp (15g) tomato paste
- 1 cup (240 mL) beef bone broth
- ¼ cup (58g) red wine
- 1 tsp (5 mL) coconut aminos
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp salt, or to taste
Optional Serving Option and Garnishes:
- 2 cups cooked cauliflower rice
- ¼ cup (60g) sour cream
- 3 tbsp roughly chopped fresh cilantro
- To a large pan, add olive oil and onion and sauté on a medium-low heat until softened, about 2-3 minutes. Add beef and cook until browned, about 5 minutes, stirring and breaking the meat up with a wooden spoon. Once browned, drain and discard excess grease.
- To pan of browned beef, add red pepper, minced garlic, ground coriander, ground cumin, red pepper flakes, and chipotle powder, and cook for an additional 1 minute. Stir in chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, beef bone broth, red wine, coconut aminos, salt, and pepper.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer until sauce has thickened, about 30-40 minutes, stirring occasionally. Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary.
- Spoon chili into bowls and serve with chopped fresh cilantro and sour cream over cauliflower rice.
Ground Beef Substitution: Substitute in ground chicken or ground turkey for ground beef at a 1:1 ratio. Note that this substitution will affect the final nutritional content.
Beef Bone Broth Substitution: Vegetable broth, vegetable stock, chicken broth, or chicken stock can be substituted in for beef bone broth at a 1:1 ratio. Note that this substitution will affect the final nutritional content.
Vegetarian and Vegan Ingredient Substitutions: To make this recipe vegetarian, sub in your favorite vegetable-based protein and substitute vegetable stock or vegetable broth in for beef bone broth. To make this recipe vegan, follow the same instructions for making the dish vegetarian, as well as omitting the sour cream.
Refrigerator Storage: Store chili in the refrigerator in an airtight container and eat within 3 days.
Freezer Storage: Store chili in the freezer in an airtight container for up to 2 months. When ready to serve, simply allow chili to thaw overnight in the refrigerator and then reheat on the stovetop over medium heat until warmed throughout.
Keywords: keto chili con carne, keto chili con carne recipe, best keto chili con carne, chili con carne keto diet