These Instant Pot Low-Carb Sweet & Spicy Barbecue Chicken Wings are the ultimate keto-friendly appetizer! This recipe is low-carb, keto, paleo, dairy-free, gluten-free, grain-free, refined-sugar-free, and has only 1.6g net carbs per serving!
Sweet & Spicy Barbecue Sauce
- 1 tsp liquid smoke
- 4 oz. tomato paste
- 1/4 cup Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/8 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 1/8 tsp ground chipotle chile
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 tbsp golden monk fruit sweetener (use code “REALBALANCED” for 20% off Lakanto products)
- 2 lbs. chicken wings
- 1 tbsp coarse salt
- Add all barbecue sauce ingredients to a small pot. Over medium-high heat, bring sauce to a slight boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and allow sauce to simmer for 10 minutes.
- To a medium bowl, add chicken wings and coarse salt. Stir until wings are coated in salt.
- Add salted wings to the Instant Pot insert. Pour sauce over top of wings.
- Seal the Instant Pot lid and set to Manual setting for 10 minutes.
- After the timer goes off, using the quick release method, depressurize the Instant Pot.
- Turn on oven broiler and move oven rack to second from the top. Line a baking tray with aluminium foil and set a baking rack on top of lined tray. Spray baking rack with avocado oil cooking spray.
- Using a tongs, transfer wings from the Instant Pot insert to baking rack.
- Using a basting brush, brush barbecue sauce from the Instant Pot insert onto both sides of the chicken wings.
- Broil wings for 8-10 minutes, flipping halfway. Be sure to watch the wings to ensure they only slightly char and do not burn.
Keywords: instant pot wings, keto wings, keto instant pot, keto chicken wings