If you’re missing french fries, you NEED to try these Golden Jicama Fries! These baked jicama fries are a perfect side dish, appetizer, or snack for those following keto, low carb, paleo, Whole30, and vegan diets. Ditch the traditional french fries and try these baked jicama fries!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line baking sheet with foil. Using a vegetable peeler, peel skin from jicama. Slice peeled jicama into fries.
- To a medium pot over high heat, add water and ½ tsp salt and bring to a boil. Add sliced jicama, cover pot, and boil for 10 minutes. Remove pot from heat and drain water.
- Transfer jicama to a large mixing bowl, drizzle with avocado oil and add remaining 1 tsp salt, turmeric, garlic powder, paprika, and onion powder. Toss using tongs until jicama is fully-coated in oil and spices.
- Transfer seasoned jicama onto the prepared baking sheet in single layer. Bake for 35 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before garnishing with chopped fresh parsley.
Keywords: golden jicama fries, jicama fries, baked jicama, keto fries