These Low Carb Chocolate & Vanilla Glazed Coconut Bars by Tasteaholics are keto-friendly and so delicious! With hints of coconut, maple, chocolate, and vanilla, these are the perfect sweet treat for any dessert fan.
- Combine the shredded coconut, sugar-free maple syrup, coconut cream, and 4 tablespoons coconut oil in a blender.
- Pulse several times then blend on highest speed until it forms a sticky mixture.
- Press the mixture into an 8×8-inch baking pan lined with parchment or foil, pressing until firm.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes, then remove and cut into squares and place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet, leaving 1 inch of space between each.
- Heat the dark chocolate in the microwave at 30-second intervals until melted, then stir smooth.
- Use a spoon to drizzle the chocolate over the coconut squares, then refrigerate to set.
- Melt the remaining coconut oil in a small bowl, then whisk in the powdered erythritol, coconut milk, and vanilla extract until it forms a smooth glaze.
- Drizzle the vanilla glaze over the coconut squares and set aside to set.
Pressing Mixture Into Baking Pan: As you press the mixture into the baking pan, apply firm, even pressure throughout and go over every inch of the mixture in the pan several times. You want to force any air bubbles out of the mixture so dry pockets are avoided. This will ensure the bars don’t crumble after cutting and serving.
Melting Chocolate In The Microwave: Melting chocolate in a microwave should always be done in several steps so it doesn’t overheat, which can negatively impact the taste with a slightly burnt flavor or create a runny consistency throughout the mixture. Be sure to only heat the chocolate in the microwave in no longer than 30-second intervals.
Storage: Store bars in an airtight container in the refrigerator and eat within 5 days.
Keywords: coconut bar, coconut bar recipe, low carb dessert recipe, nut free dessert recipe