Try this easy low carb keto bacon green bean casserole! It will make the perfect low carb keto side dish for dinner, Thanksgiving, Christmas or a dinner party!
- 60g (~1 cup) finely crushed pork rinds
- 1 tsp minced onion
- ¾ tsp salt, divided
- 4 slices bacon
- 12 oz green beans, ends trimmed
- ¼ cup sauvignon blanc
- 2 tbsp bacon grease
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened, cut into small pieces
- 1 ½ oz shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 ½ oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease 8×8 baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- To a small bowl, whisk together crushed pork rinds, minced onion, and ¼ tsp salt. Set aside.
- Fry bacon in large pan until crisp. Transfer bacon to paper towel-lined plate to remove excess grease. Reserve 2 tbsp bacon grease. Crumble bacon using hands. Set aside.
- Steam green beans over high heat in a steamer basket for 3-4 minutes. Transfer steamed green beans to large bowl, add crumbled bacon, and mix until well-combined.
- To a large pot over medium heat, add sauvignon blanc, reserved bacon grease, and dried parsley, and cook until smell of wine has dissipated, about 2-3 minutes. Add chicken broth and stir. Add cream cheese and allow to melt fully before mixing in shredded cheddar, shredded mozzarella, mustard, ½ tsp salt, and pepper. Continue to cook, stirring frequently, until all ingredients are melted together and well-incorporated.
- To bowl of green beans and crumbled bacon, pour in cheese mixture and mix until combined. Transfer to prepared baking pan, top with crushed pork rind mixture, and bake until edges are golden brown and bubbling, about 18-20 minutes. Serve hot and enjoy!
Keywords: green bean casserole, bacon green bean casserole, keto thanksgiving recipe