These Low-Carb Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Cheesecake Bars are a delicious and decadent dessert that is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth! This recipe is low-carb, keto, gluten-free, grain-free, vegetarian, and refined-sugar-free!
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup golden monk fruit sweetener (use code “REALBALANCED” for 20% off Lakanto products)
- 16 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp strawberry extract
- 1/2 cup golden monk fruit sweetener
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream
For the crust:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper (use enough parchment paper that the edges fold outside the rim of the pan).
- Melt butter in microwave for 20-30 seconds.
- Add crust ingredients to a small mixing bowl and, using hands, knead ingredients together until fully incorproated.
- Pour crust ingredients into prepared baking pan and, using hands, press crust down into an even layer.
- Bake for 8 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven, reduce heat to 325 degrees, and set pan aside.
For the filling:
- Add filling ingredients to a mixing bowl and, using an electric mixer, mix together all ingredients until well-combined.
- Pour filling over crust in pan and spread into even layer using a spatula.
- Return pan to oven and bake for 1 hour, 10 minutes.
- After cook time has elapsed, turn oven off, open oven door 1 inch, leaving pan inside for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, cover pan with foil and transfer pan from oven to refrigerator.
- Chill in refrigerator for minimum 4 hours.
For the chocolate:
- Place a baking rack atop a lined baking sheet. Spray baking rack with nonstick cooking spray.
- Remove baking pan from refrigerator and carefully remove cheesecake from pan by pulling up on edges of parchment paper.
- Cut cheesecake into desired bar size (I cut mine to yield a total of 10 bars).
- Using double boiler method on stovetop, melt chocolate ingredients over medium low heat. Stirring occasionally until ingredients are fully combined.
- Transfer chocolate to shallow bowl.
- Using two forks, place individual cheesecake bars into bowl of melted chocolate, flipping as necessary so as to evenly coat each side of bar.
- Transfer chocolate-coated cheesecake bars to prepared baking rack.
- Refrigerate bars until chocolate hardens, about 1 hour.
- After chocolate has hardened, using a fork or butter knife, gently press upwards from underneath each individual bar as they may have become slightly stuck to baking rack.
Store bars in the refrigerator or freezer. If frozen, allow to thaw slightly before eating.
Keywords: low-carb dessert, keto dessert, keto cheesecake, low-carb cheesecake