These Keto Thin Mints are a perfect way to curb your craving for a chocolate baked good! These cookies are keto, low-carb, paleo, dairy-free, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, vegetarian, vegan, refined-sugar-free, and only 1.5g net carbs per serving!
- 1 tbsp ground flax seeds + 3 tbsp water or 1 egg, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup golden monk fruit sweetener (use code “REALBALANCED” for 20% off Lakanto products)
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, room temperature
- 2 tsp peppermint extract
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
For the cookies:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- (For egg-free/vegan) To a small bowl, add flax seeds and water. Whisk together until fully incorporated. Set aside to set for at least 5 minutes.
- To a mixing bowl, add dry ingredients and whisk together.
- Melt coconut oil in microwave until liquid, about 30 seconds.
- To dry ingredients, add melted coconut oil, flax mixture OR egg, peppermint extract, and vanilla extract. Mix together until well-combined.
- Roll dough into ball and transfer bowl of dough to refrigerator to chill for 10 minutes.
- Between two pieces of parchment paper, place ball of chilled dough. Using a rolling pin, roll dough until it is an even layer.
- Using a cookie cutter or mason jar lid, cut cookies out of dough and place on prepared baking sheets. Continue to re-roll dough and cut cookies out until all dough has been used up.
- Bake cookies one baking sheet at a time for 25 minutes.
For the chocolate coating:
- Line a plate or baking sheet with parchment or wax paper.
- Using double boiler method on stovetop, melt chocolate ingredients over medium low heat. Stirring occasionally until ingredients are fully combined.
- Transfer chocolate to shallow bowl.
- Using a fork, dip cookies into melted chocolate, flipping as necessary so as to evenly coat both sides of cookie.
- Transfer chocolate-coated cookie to prepared plate.
- Refrigerate cookies until chocolate hardens, about 30 minutes, or freeze for 10 minutes.
Keywords: keto thin mints, low-carb thin mints, low-carb cookies, keto cookies, paleo keto dessert, low-carb dessert, keto dessert, vegan keto dessert, vegan low-carb dessert