With only 0.3g net carbs per serving, these Dark Chocolate Peppermint Patty Fat Bombs are the perfect holiday treat! This recipe is low-carb, keto, gluten-free, grain-free, vegetarian, and refined-sugar-free!
- 2 tsp peppermint extract
- ½ cup coconut oil, solid, room temperature
- 3 tbsp shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp monk fruit sweetener (use code “REALBALANCED” for 20% off Lakanto products) or erythritol
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- Using a hand mixer, mix together peppermint extract, coconut oil, shredded coconut, monk fruit sweetener (or erythritol), heavy cream at speed high enough to turn mixture into paste.
- Scoop mixture into silicone mold. Place silicone mold in freezer and freeze until solid, about 1-2 hours.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, in 30 second increments, microwave chocolate ingredients until melted, a little over 1 minute total (**see note below!). Stir after each microwave session. (Be very careful to watch during this process. The mixture should remain thick like melted chocolate).
- Remove silicone mold from freezer and pop coconut mixtures out.
- Using a fork, carefully dunk coconut mixture into melted chocolate, place on parchment paper, and allow to harden in freezer. (Optional: after 10 or so minutes in the freezer, remove fat bombs and drizzle remaining chocolate over the top.)
- Once chocolate-coating has hardened, remove from freezer and enjoy!
Store in freezer and allow to thaw and soften for 10-15 minutes prior to eating.
**The microwave used to develop this recipe and melt the chocolate was 900 watts. If your microwave is stronger, you will likely need to decrease to 50% power. If your microwave is much stronger than 900 watts, I recommend melting the chocolate ingredients over a double-boiler.
Keywords: fat bomb, keto fat bomb, fat bombs, chocolate fat bomb, low-carb dessert, keto dessert