3-Ingredient Bacon & Egg Breakfast Muffins are a perfect low-carb, paleo breakfast option for those mornings when you’re on the go! This recipe is low-FODMAP, paleo, keto, Whole30 compliant, low-carb, vegetarian, gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free, and sugar-free!
- 8-10 bacon slices
- 2/3 cup chopped green onion, green stem only for low-FODMAP
- 8 large eggs
- Avocado oil cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray muffin tin with avocado oil cooking spray.
- Cook bacon until crisp. Remove from heat and place on paper towel to remove excess grease.
- Chop bacon (or break apart with your hands) into small pieces.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs together.
- Fold bacon and green onion into whisked eggs until well-combined.
- Pour or ladle egg mixture into muffin tin until tin is about halfway full (do not exceed this as the eggs in the muffins will expand as they bake and will overflow).
- Bake muffins for 20-25 minutes. The edges should look browned and crispy.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool, eat up!
The muffins store very well in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Pop one out in the morning and reheat in the microwave for 20-30 seconds.